Hot & Cold Food Containers
Consumers often rely on single-use, disposable, paper-based food containers for convenience. However, since these containers are often coated with plastic or wax or treated with fluorochemicals, they are difficult to recycle and often end up in landfills where it will take hundreds of years to biodegrade.
PROTĒAN’s barrier coating solutions offer many benefits to these applications:
- Plastic-, silicone and fluorine-free barrier coating alternative.
- Lend paper-based food containers with water- and/or grease-resistance without compromising convertibility or printability.
- The grease barrier formulation covers a full spectrum of oil- and grease-resistance.
- By integrating into the paper matrix, PROTĒAN maintains the strength of the paper-based container to handle a wide range of food products.
- Paper-based food containers can be recycled in the regular stream of recyclables; the coated paper is also repulpable allowing it to be reused.
- Compliance with FDA food contact regulations.